These seminars are designed for you to improve proficiency within examination, evaluation and intervention of musculoskeletal conditions. Concepts of manual therapy, movement science and pain science are integrated to offer a broad scope of clinical practice for the orthopedic physical therapist looking for a residency level education. Whether it is one individual module or the entire series you will find the content packed with clinical pearls and guidance to boost the value of your patient care experiences.
This seminar series is ideal for:
- Improving clinical reasoning for common musculoskeletal conditions
- within the context of (a) Description of Specialty Practice in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy published by the Orthopaedic Specialty Council, APTA and (b) the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice by the APTA.
- Learning new skills for manual therapy, movement assessment, treatment modalities, and exercise prescription
- 85% of class time is devoted to hands-on lab time
- Refining old skills to improve effectiveness and avoidance of falling into common pitfalls
- Integrating pain science into clinical practice to improve effectiveness with managing chronic conditions, enabling participants in this course to improve their effectiveness with physical therapy management of patients who have mental disorders co-existing with their physical disorders.
- Providing a framework to assist in studying for the OCS exam
Dates, Topics and Instructors
January 6-7: Management of the Shoulder (Sean Johnson, PT, DPT, OCS)
January 27-28: Management of the Thoracic Spine and Ribs (Sean Johnson, PT, DPT, OCS)
March 3-4: Management of the Cervical Spine (Daniel Kirages, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT)
April 7-8: Management of the Pelvic Girdle (Daniel Kirages, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT)
April 28-29: Management of the Lumbar Spine (Daniel Kirages PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT)
July 7-8: Management of the Hip and Knee (Daniel Kirages, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT)
August 25-26: Management of the Foot & Ankle (Daniel Kirages, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT)
November 10-11: Management of the Elbow, Wrist & Hand (Sean Johnson, PT, DPT, OCS)
Course is held at the USC Health Science Campus at 1540 E. Alcazar St. Los Angeles, CA 90033
For more information call 323-442-3156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Use code "comptsig" to recieve 15% discount.
Note: The instructor and/or the course host are COMPTSIG members, and they are offering a 15% discount to COMPTSIG members who attend. This notification does not imply COMPTSIG's endorsement or recommendation of this course.